Matriculated




This post is about my first love "The Matrix". It has been 9 years now and I still I see that fresh ideas about the film keep coming.

This is about the ideology that the trilogy presented to the world which never knew what curtain is drawn to its face which eludes all darkness and shows sunlight in a misaligned prism of ignorance. The idea of slavery to the machines would never ever was thought upon and never ever could be better presented. Many would not know the Producer-Director duo Andy and Larry Wachowski even came to India for their research for the film. In my repeated viewing I discovered some part is even inspired from 'The Holy Gita'. 'Neo' and 'Morpheus' can easily be related to 'Arjun' & 'Shri Krishna'. The ethics of the movie are so strong it has created a mixed breed of religions in people's minds. It has the Greek Mythology as well as the French Connection with the Merovingian.
The dialogues even personify the holy scripts of many religion. My favourite one is "Hope is the most quintessential human delusion also the cause of your greatest strengths and your weaknesses" told by "The Architect" to 'Neo'. As I have grown with the matrix I have realised that if you follow your dreams and look not upon the consequences you are most likely to wake up in them in reality. The only reason for accepting the life that the one lives is choice. Smith says in Revolutions " Why Why Why? Mr Anderson Why do you persist Why Keep Fighting?" Neo answers - "Because I chose to". The faith is not supernatural but intrinsic in nature. The cause of spoons to bend at the blink of an eye. The faith is "There is no spoon".


All the principles apply to real life and one can associate with them in practice. The characters qualify for real characters from history and the single story unfolds a thousand other stories. Overall it set a trend of new high-fashion leather costumes and surreal special effects with mind blowing sound track.

I would not treat this as a movie review of the trilogy but it can be considered a very brief understanding of what I call it being Matriculated.

Comments

  1. Matrix is one of my favorite movie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gud work bro now dis has made me to watch d trilogy again n more 'seriously'.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts