Game Theory: You Dont Win The Battle, You Just Survive It!!


"Fire in the Hole" "Man Down, Man Down" You would'nt know these until you are a pro-gamer or are familiar with the game-lingo. It has been a decade of gaming for me and now I feel I am a changed man after this. It seems my sense of reaction has improved and I kinda feel whats coming after an action. It applies to real life so much so that you never know the difference. I do not call myself a pro-gamer but yes I do play games a lot. I started off with primitive games like Zool, Dangerous Dave and ofcourse Wolfestein and Duke Nukem. It was like ultimate comic fantasy for me. I just played TV Games till then and mastered them easily. I wasnt able to think of the future till I saw the elusive computer. I used to think they are just meant for MS Word and Power point and ofcourse Gaming.

It was an afternoon when my mother told me that our neighbours have bought a new computer. I was thrilled and just went to check out how was it. It was the day which marked my addiction to gaming. We had just one talk then were you able to cross a particular level or 'id you get the sword hidden in the cave'? It was fun taking 1Ups for Mario and Luigi. I remember when they launched Duke Nukem Nuclear Winter I asked my friend to get it from Delhi as we lived in a small town then. 2D was fading and a new era of 3D gaming was emerging. I have seen all sequels of Tomb Raider and Quake. Having played these games there was always a sense of acheivement in me that never came by playing cricket whatsoever. It boosted my confidence and I even gained good lingual skills.

They say games Kids loose control by gaming; I say games give you better self control than anything else. They are all based on laws of Physics and Chemistry, Mathematics and Astronomy, Psycology and Anatomy besides an excellent imagination of the Game Content Developer.They teach us history and geography too. I got concepts of fluid mechanics from Games like Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II and Cryogenics from Splinter Cell. They promote team work and dignity. Be it Tom Clancey's Rainbow Six or Tony Hawk's Pro Skater it has developed an understanding of the subject matter in me.

Games like Crime Scene Investigation teaches parts of Forensics and Narco-Analysis. Do not forget Strategy games like Age of Empires, Mythology and Commandos which make you more organized. Max Payne introduced Bullet Time motions and now it is being used widely for CGI all over. I respect games like Hitman which are wrongly blamed to be gory and show lot of bloodshed. People who blame it have not played the game, which is to be played with the Silent Assasin reputation of Agent 47 in mind. You kill but only the one required and no one else. Max Payne killed 600 people in 2 nights but all had criminal records so it was well justified.

Yeah I know not all the gamescene is clean. There are games like Wax House and Scary ones like Slaughterhouse and gory ones too which should not be played by anyone. Well this is my take on them not necessary to be believed. But what about FIFA series which is the next after the real FIFA action.


Games are built by geniusses and companies which always are innovating new technologies and games which provide platforms for testing new processors and Graphics Cards. They are benchmarks for Computers and people buy new systems targetting a Game whether it will run that Game smoothly or not(Example Quake 3 led introduction of Pentium 3 to us)

However I agree that games may cause aggression and increased level of adrenaline rush in kids and adults alike but what about weapons they are used both for destruction and protection of Humanity.

Overall there is a positive vibe for games and I feel they will open up new frontiers and gates of the future as they have already started in the form of New Age Political and Socio-Economic Strategy games and one like Sims and Second Life which actually imitate each and everyone of us in characteristics and behaviors alike.

I would like to end it now by saying:
"Closing your eyes forces you to look at the darkness inside."

"Or kissing the mouth of a gun, a bullet trembling in its dark nest, ready to blow your head off. "
and
"The trouble with wanting something is the fear of losing it, or never getting it. The thought makes you weak. "

Remember: Death is inevitable. Our fear of it makes us play safe, blocks out emotion. It's a losing game. Without passion you are already dead."

Comments

Popular Posts