Meter Down





This is about a very interesting Autorickshaw that I boarded from my office in Powai to my  home at Andheri East JV Link Road. This driver or I must say Autowallah was a zealot man!! I was listening to music from my Nokia N81 with a loud volume and this guy was speeding through the plush lanes of Hiranandani. As many autowallahs do he was blabbering about his adventures and experiences throughout his career as a Auto-Driver. I was saying a combination of "Haan"  and "Acchha?" and "Aur" as usual to ignore his talk.




He crossed the L&T Flyover and suddenly I noticed an Antenna and a Metallic Board fitted in his rickshaw on the right side in an angle about 45° to the body of the rick. I understood that the Antenna is for the FM Radio that must be connected with a speaker to make it a classic Radio Arrangement; a typical 'desi' Radio. What I did not understand was the function of the metal plate. I asked "Ye Plate kisliye bhaiyaa?" "Ye hamara A/C hai, isse hawa gadi ki disha me kat-ti hai aur sidha hamare badan pe aati hai!" he said in an excited manner. Man! I was shocked to hear this and was bound to take the snap of the streamlined piece of metal working as a wind-director and another example of our own 'desi' 'Jugaad' .

Salute to the Mumbaikars and their common sense which is very uncommon in common men and women!!

Comments

  1. sahi hai yaar.....
    issi ko jugad bolte hai....and ye hum indians ke khoon mai hota hai.. [:P]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts