Of Previews, Comparisons & Reviews



"Hey, did you read the review of the new Altis? It used to be "Hey, did you see my new car?" The tastes of restaurants are now decided based on the review given by a critic or a popular review site. Do we now completely give in to stuff which is only given higher rating by one of the above mentioned sources? Is there an honest opinion left which is unbiased even after critic reviews?

The case of Reviews:
I am not untouched by this 'review' movement. I bought my cell phone Nokia N81-3 after a months research based on review and comparison sites like gsmarena.com and compareindia.com. I was so confused by the reviews about a particular cell phone Nokia N-82 because it has certain areas of critical reviews about the Keypad of the phone to be with drastically small keys which are difficult to type. It remained my area of concern until I met my friend who uses this cell phone. He explained me there was no problem in using the keypad to him and it was all fine. I later found out that it was the fat fingers of my US counterparts that find a difficulty to type with the relatively small keys of the device keypad. But later I gave up to a great music phone N-81 with a decent camera and N-Gage platform. All thanks to the reviews.

The case of Previews:
Is Nokia 5800 an Iphone Killer? The device hasnt been launched yet and the previews have rated it next to the "Device of the Year 2008" the enigmatic 'IPhone 3G'. Why so much Hype? Do people actually buy stuff blindly? Well, I am not a marketing or sales expert but whatever I know average buyer checks his budget first and then the features and the rest. It's Viral marketing man!! You dont see that and have a craving for it. Not only Cell Phones, almost everything has a preview launch and launch parties. They clearly state the actual product may differ from the one displayed in the Advertisement and it is a visual treat may not be a material utility.


How many times have you been given the free chance to attend the inaugral parties of Holiday Homes & Clubs like Club Mahindra Holidays & Country Club? Great Parties & rewards and Great Marketing Campaigns too!!


Pizza Manias and World Food Festivals by restaurants are the new sensations of the season. Diwali Dhamaka and Sabse Cheap Day of the Week decide when do you go Shopping now. Ask for a Pen and people refer you to 'Crossword' or 'Book Palace' to buy it instead of the local Stationary Store.

Of Comparisons
Naaptol kiya kya? Compare Prices and Features at virtually every store in the city through an online portal. A store in Worli offers to try all the Digital Cameras (by one of the best make) on display to your convienience even print photos for free and then decide which one to buy. I am sure only serious buyers will step in and consider buying atleast 1 good camera for themselves.


Its all well until they do not kill the bliss of trying a new product yourself or else it makes sense to me as using a product already consumed by another person.

Comments

Popular Posts