Chandrayan-I: A New Moon

"We have given Moon to India" these were the words of the ISRO chairman G Madhavan Nair when he excitedly remarked that India's Moon Mission was successful. In his speech he explained how Mr Jawahar Lal Nehru laid the foundation of India's Space Program. On 14th November 2008, his birthday, ISRO returned the favour by launching the first MIP (Moon Impact Probe). 

After I saw conspiracy theories I used to believe that moon itself is unconquerable so how do they think of the Mars? Hopefully this has produced a ray of hope in people's minds about man conquering space. Although it was an unmanned mission still the legitimacy will be clear after we get to see the Video recorded by the MIP itself. It was in 1984 that the first Indian rakesh Sharma travelled 9000 km above us to see India from space. Mrs Indira Gandhi asked him on his return " How India looked from space" He said" Saare jahan se Accha." 




I hope if not so early by 2020 or 2030 we would be able to say that " I am going to Moon for a conference, Mumbai mein kisi hotel ki booking nahi mili yaar." I have always dreamt of flying to space and looking back to the Earth."  I think I may not become an Astronaut now but I can become a Moon-Return indiviual who travelled on a Budget Moon Flight from Mumbai!

Comments

Popular Posts